Saturday, October 23, 2010

Not *strictly* an emergency

Oh my, waking up in a house with no peanut butter.

It is unpleasantness that I would not wish on anyone. Need I say, toast with jam Does Not Cut It.

There ought to be a red phone for situations like this. "It's 7:30 in the morning and I have no peanut butter. Send in the helicopters!"

I hope that you have a great weekend, enriched with peanutty goodness. Unless you are allergic. In that case, I hear that almond butter is nice.

Edited to add: I have been sitting here thinking of all the other areas of life that should have red phones. Like, "I'm too tired to get off the couch and go to bed!", or "This tupperware container is full of 2 week old leftovers!", or "I have to act like I know what this meeting is about!" What are some of yours?

5 comments:

  1. Hank's body is 90% peanut butter. He really doesn't eat food aside from it.

    So that would indeed be a serious emergency.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peanut butter what did we do without PB? Every time I've been overseas you can't even find PB in the stores, so at least Australia has peanut butter! (Now we got to work on free refills and Cherrios;).

    These days my red light button is having to get out of bed period. This baby is growing my belly somethin huge! (And I'm really grateful cause it must mean he's healthy little guy;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I told ya...peanut butter, whole wheat, honey, and milk...all the essential amino acids. Otherwise,
    Jonathan would not be with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My red phone moments are: "Husband / son 1 / son 2 / needs socks / underwear / school uniform laundered!"; "I'm watching I Survived and I need a wine refill!"; "Becky played a 78 point word on me on Words with Friends!"; and "The dog wants to play tug o war." Good grief, why does the dog only want to play tug o war when I'm done for the day and want to melt into the couch?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "The baby's diaper needs changing and I don't want to stop blogging" and "My jeans are too tight"

    Those are my red phones.

    ReplyDelete