Sunday, November 28, 2010

Next to "futile" in the dictionary

Today, Mom and I took the kids to the park. Mom has a nice camera and I wanted to try and get some good photos of the kids together.
Please notice that I said, "try".
It was crazy-making, to say the least.
Can you get a sheep dog for children? I have seriously wondered about this.
Someone who may or may not have been me may or may not have gotten a little Mommy Dearest with them. I threatened, I bribed, I threatened to retract my bribe. I reinstated my bribe.

"Act happy, kids, or we'll move in the middle of the night and Santa won't know where to find us!"

I'm sorry you had to witness that, Mom.

I figured I'd gone too far when Nate told me at one point, "I'm not gonna be your friend, Mom!" That was a high point.

And then it started raining. Here's what Grace thought about that: "Fiery darts are falling from the sky. Why does everyone hate me?"


So we went to the bakery.
The End.

5 comments:

  1. Oh well, it was a nice idea. And you even got Ava in Grace in matching frocks! I wonder how many more times that can be achieved.

    They look adorable nonetheless. And the one with you and the kids is gorgeous.

    I didn't do a photo xmas card this year and I feel it is one of my failings as a human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the pictures! Candid or at least less posed pics are the best. I agree with Becky about the one of you with the kids, gorgeous!

    It's funny how Grace looks sooo much like you at that age and can still favor Jason. Evan and I think
    Nate favors Alan and still looks like you and Jason.
    Ava gets more and more gorgeous!

    Thanks for the pics! I thought I was going to have to tell your parents to come back home so you would start posting again! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos despite the stress!
    love those cute matching dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the one with you and the kids is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, people pay me to take pics of their kids, but I've personally ruined every family photo of my own kids that I've tried to take in the past 9 years. Hang in there. One day, they will want to look good in photos. I promise.

    ReplyDelete