3. They came last Thursday, and they brought candy corn!!
4. It's the "Indian corn" variety. But as I told them, I hope my home is always a place where any ethnicity of candied corn would feel welcome.
5. Ava's ballet concert was this past Saturday.
6. If you were reading this time last year, you'll remember my travails with making the perfect bun.
7. This year? Nailed it!
8. The concert was 4 hours long.
9. The concert was 4 hours long.
10. Did I mention that it was 4 hours long?
11. It was.
12. Do you know how many more times I want to see 15 year olds dancing in silver hot pants?
13. None more times.
14. After Ava danced towards the end of the first half, we tiptoed out and went to dinner. We had a nice, leisurely time. Then we came back to the theatre and the concert was still going.
15. Going to dinner was a very, very wise decision.
16. I think we're going to take a break from ballet for awhile.
17. Today we went to a pretty riverside town called Brooklyn. After lunch we took Nate to play at a park near the water.
18. Nate was playing pirates. While we played, a man wandered by with a dog on a leash. The man was enraged about something or other, and kept yelling obscenities, to no one in particular. Lots of creative F-word usage.
19. I was a little concerned about what Nate would think. "Don't worry about him, Natey," I said. "He's angry, but he's going away." Nate looked at him and whispered to me, "He looks like a bad pirate."
20. He kind of did.
21. You know what I love? Being with my family, and picking up right where we left off.