Monday, November 22, 2010

A little getaway

Mom and Dad agreed to watch the kids for us last night so that Jase and I could stay in the city for a night. Actually, I think they agreed. It was hard to hear their voices over the roar of the engine as we reversed out of the driveway.

We got a last minute deal and stayed at the Shangri-La Hotel. It was soooo lovely. But then, I am a sucker for anyplace with white terrycloth bathrobes and turndown service. Here was the view from our window.

Oh, Sydney. Sydney, Sydney, Sydney. I get all annoyed at you for your lack of free refills, high cost of living, and poor excuse for salsa, and then you go and do a thing like this. Look at you, all stunning and stuff. I can't quit you.

It's a funny thing, when you have 24 hours with no agenda but relaxation. There are so many things you could do, that you try to do all of them, but in shorter duration. So, it's like relaxing on speed. Lay in your bathrobe and watch part of a movie, sit in the hottub for 15 minutes, take a power nap, go to dinner...let's keep this moving along, shall we? We're burning daylight! There are opportunities to chill that we are not utilizing!! What's wrong with you? Pick up the pace!!

No, we really did have a lovely time. And came home this afternoon to discover that Grace has an ear infection, Dad got the stomach virus that's been plaguing the rest of us, and no one got much sleep. So, all in all, a good night to be away!

Ha--just kidding! Sort of.

Chicken pics coming soon!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I think you are just stalling on the "Chicken Post.". I also think that my epic, not to mention emetic, struggle with life and death might have had a bigger place in this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely Dad's illness and struggle is the untold story behind this post.

    Like VH1's Behind the Music.

    I can't believe that view! Sydney, you're right, it kills me.

    I know what you mean about relaxing on fast forward. Staying one night in a hotel is always like that. We felt that way when we went to Asheville for a night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Sydney... though I am a Newcastle girl... I do love Sydney... many hidden treasures there...

    ReplyDelete