Sunday, June 7, 2009

Set Phasers to Wicked Awesome

Cause.it.was. Last night, Jason and I took some friends who are visiting from Auckland out to see Star Trek. Y'all. Have you seen this movie? It was so good. AND, we got to see it in the IMAX theatre downtown in Darling Harbour, which is one of my favorite places to go in Sydney.

(See? The IMAX is in that yellow-black building. Isn't the harbour pretty?)

I thought maybe the phenomenal surround sound, ginormous screen and incredible special effects might send me into labor. I even ran up the stairs to get to our seats (got some funny looks on that one). Apparently, this baby is not a Trekkie like me. She'll probably be all into, like, Baby Einstein and stuff. Ugh. That is so 2002.

But, I eased my restlessness at the movies with a huge bag of M&Ms, my hubby by my side and a completely youknowwhat-kickin' movie. Not a bad way to spend a Saturday night! But IMAX movies are pricey, so this girl better come soon.

You think she'd resent having "Spock" as a middle name? Just wondering.

11 comments:

  1. Pretty spocktacular, huh? Were you nervous about having a new cast like I was? It took my all of fifteen seconds to warm to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was good too.

    Jason is going to be furious if that baby is born with pointed ears, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous! I haven't got to see it yet (not quite Mark's thing) but I am glad to know how awesome it will be once I make him take me!

    I don't know, Spock has an OK ring to it? Spock-Anne? Mary-Spock?
    Kidding!
    You should definitely go Uhura. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been dying to see Star Trek! Everyone I talk to says it's great! I always liked those Vulcan names, like T'Pring. How do you pronounce those T's, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Probably not as much as she'd resent "Tiberius." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the birth of Grace! Your little Spockette is so sweet. I saw her at Becky's. Glad to hear you're both doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear congrats are in order (from Becky)! Yay!

    So why aren't you posting? It's not like you're BUSY or anything. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Forrest and Wendy! :) It's been a busy couple days, but Jason brought the laptop to the hospital so I could get my blog on.

    And tempted, as I was to use a Vulcan name, we stuck to the plan. Maybe #4 can be T'Pring or whatever! ;) Or maybe we'll get a goldfish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so wanted to call you after we saw it!
    Izmandi...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tiberius.

    Everyone knows that, don't they?

    They don't?

    Ack. I've been outed as a geek.

    ReplyDelete