Monday, July 26, 2010

Reunited, and it feels so good

Yesterday morning we picked Jason and Ava up at Sydney airport. After 8 days apart, we are happy to have our little family back together again. We have had times of separation. Jason has been to the States for 3 weeks at a time on his own, and of course, I went to Atlanta for two and a half weeks in April. But I realized last week that Nate and Ava have never been apart like this before. If Jason and I have both gone away, the kids have always stayed together with someone. Or, if one of us goes, the other stays with all the kids. So, this was the first time they'd been away from each other for more than a day or two.

Nate really missed Ava. And on Sunday, he was so excited to see her again. I joke often and tell stories on here about their bickering and bargaining and getting on each other's nerves, but it does my heart good to see how they love each other.




And, well, it didn't take long for the bickering to start up again. But I think they missed that, too.

8 comments:

  1. some great pictures:) they are so sweet, Ava is very protective of Nate and Grace as their older sister, I can see it in the way she talks about them when you guys are not around:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are just precious Amy. I'm so glad that everyone made it home safely! My boys act the same way...argue and wrestle all day. But whenever one goes off to spend the night with a friend, the one left behind has trouble going to sleep without their brother in the room. This leads to "camp outs" in the living room or Mom's room. LOL. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that is so sweet. Amy I have a question for you....would you please email me?? My email is neversleeping403@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are such sweet kids. It touches my heart that they have that kind of relationship. When Grace gets a little older I'm sure she'll fit right in that closeness. So glad their trip was such a good experience for Ava and Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are going to be like you and your siblings and that is great!
    Love and miss youa1 XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are such sweeties! I remember when they were snow sledding in North Carolina, last winter. Ava was adamant the Nate be part of her safety team at the bottom of the sled run. She had lot's of confidence in him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet they did miss the bickering. They are two baby dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're so cute. And I'm lovin Ava's gappy grin =).

    ReplyDelete