Thursday, June 4, 2009

This is what's up.

Hey there, y'all. I was hoping my next post would be all about our baby girl finally being born! Alas, she is still a-cookin'. My actual due date is this Saturday, so hopefully we will meet her soon!

This is the longest I've ever been pregnant--and I'm not even overdue yet! Both Ava and Nate were early, so of course I expected this one to be, too. Ahh, but that's where your expectations can come back to haunt you! So, over the last week or so, I have been making a conscious effort to CHILL OUT about it. This has involved a few episodes of The West Wing in the evenings (I love that show) and some gummy bears. Okay, a lot of gummy bears. And a couple handfuls of chocolate chips. Okay, several. Am I a walking cliche or what? Desperate times.

(You have to bite the heads off first so you don't hear the screams--handy hint.)

In other news...

I have been trying to take care of every loose end I can think of before baby comes. This means that the house is cleaner and better organized than it has been in quite awhile. Now, if you know me, you know that it's probably still pretty average. Like, picture your house. Okay, now make it a little more cluttered and not as nattily decorated and now it's like my house. But for us, it's lookin' pretty good right now. And you know all those little annoying things you have on the back burner to do? Forms to fill out, stuff to mail, birthday gifts to buy? Y'all, I have been doing it all. It feels so good. I even took all of Ava and Nate's drawings and other stuff I would feel guilty about throwing away and put them in little binders. Their "memory books". It's like an alien has invaded my body. I was thinking the other day, This is how organized people must feel. I need to act like I'm always 9 months pregnant and then I'd get so much more done! Except that I'd be able to zip up my jeans. That would be awesome.

Becky and I are working feverishly to plan a big family holiday when they all come out here at the end of the month. My mom and dad, Beck are her family are all coming to see us! (My brother Dave and his wife, Katie will hopefully come in September.) I've been spending lots of time online (and neglecting you guys) looking for holiday homes in Queensland, along the Sunshine Coast. Trying to decide between this:
or this:

Now, doesn't that make you wanna come too? I gotta tell you, this is a beautiful country, and there are so many things to see. So that's one more thing I'm hoping to secure before this little girl decides to show up. So if you know anyone who has a house on the Sunshine Coast that can accommodate 11 people, let me know, would you?

AND, tomorrow is our tenth anniversary! Dang, that was quick! I heard someone say once that both people in a marriage should feel like they married "up". Boy, did I. Spelling errors aside, he really is the best person I've ever known. Plus, he's way cute.

Jason first told me he wanted to marry me while we sat on the grass at the bottom of the Eiffel Tower. (See? One more thing we have in common with Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. Except for the Scientology thing.) He'd been bacpacking for 5 months around Europe and I had just flown into Paris to meet up with him. We were just a little excited to see each other. I'll never forget--he would walk around train stations, city streets, and art muesuems with a big baguette strapped to the outside of his backpack. When he was hungry, he'd just reach back and pull off a hunk of bread. And then he'd be all surprised when I didn't want any. All I could think of was all the places that bread had been. This sort of scenario has played out in many, many different ways over the last ten years. Love you, babe! Happy anniversary.

Sorry for the randomness! Maybe I've had too much sugar. But, this is what's doin' over here. Hope all is well with you.

8 comments:

  1. You're nesting! Not sure what the gummy bears have to do with nesting though...:)

    The big family holiday sounds lovely! And Happy Anniversary! I got a little choked up at the image of you 2 under the Eiffel Tower. So romantic and lovey dovey! You're a beautiful couple & fam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I really hope we get one of those houses in the Hinterlands.

    Happy Anniversary to you and Jason! I can't believe it's been that long, but you both look like CHILDREN in that photo.

    And being pregnant never made me organized, so as the Real Housewives of New York say, "kadoos" to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, maybe you'll get a baby for your anniversary. I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Happy Anniversary! I didn't realise your anniversary was so close to your due date, well you never know if she will decide to surprise you today (I'm guessing it's today - I can't tell from your blog coz it's Fri today over here) Anyway, now you mustn't go on about your home and all, I mean now that's what endears you to us Aussies - you and Jason are so REAL! Your house is just right:) So, don't go putting your house down again:)
    BTW for your sake I hope she decides to show up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (sorry spelling issues :)

    Thanks love that was very sweet what you said but if we polled our friend they would all agree hands down that I am the one married up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ithink either of those places would be wonderful to visit! The whole country is beautiful. I love that wedding photo of you two. A very happy anniversary to you both. It has been a busy ten years hasn't it ? See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read your post to Avery and she she said she bites the bodies off first so they don't run away! And throught the rest of the post she laughed. You are such a great writer. I think I might just read the kids your posts for reading time. So keep em' comin.

    ReplyDelete