Thursday, April 5, 2012

Telling it like it is

Driving home tonight, with Ava and Nate in the back seat.

Ava: Who knows? Maybe one day I'll be rich and buy a limousine.

Me: Maybe so. But if I was rich, there's a lot of other things I'd rather have than a limousine!

Ava: Oh, you guys won't be rich! Your chance has passed.

Me: Wait! Our chance passed already?

Jason: Really? So we're just done, huh?

Ava and Nate: (laughing, totally delighted with themselves)

Nate: And you'll probably never be famous, either.

Me: Why do you say that?

Nate: You'll never be famous cause you work for a church. Nobody who's famous does THAT.

Me: Ooookay. Well, at least now Dad and I know what to expect from life! Thanks, guys.

Ava: Yeah, *totally* passed.


And yet, I think we might still have some life left in these old bones.

8 comments:

  1. Ha! They don't know about that best-selling book you and Becky are writing, then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!! I love these stories. Between you and Cheryl, I'm entertained for the rest of my life. That right there is enough to make you famous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you just need to rebrand yourself, name yourself after someone really famous, perhaps after some balding Texan, like my hubby did. The when the real Dr Phil comes on TV the kids are really confused!!!!
    Enjoy the Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They've got it all figured out. Funny kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's OK it would appear being famous is WAAYYY over rated any how. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From one to another in ministry, I laugh, but with a secret assurance that we are AWESOME. And will do AWESOME stuff. But don't tell anyone, we wouldn't want a big rush on ministry jobs, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to prove Ava n Nate wrong friend! Let's go! Lol! Love u guys!

    ReplyDelete