Monday, January 23, 2012

Summer days, drifting away

This week coming is our last week of summer holidays--school starts on Monday the 30th. It's flown by! I've said it before, but there's something quite nice about combining the excitement of Christmas with the relaxation of summer break. You should really try it sometime, if you haven't.

That's sort of why I haven't posted as much lately. Sorry I've been a bit MIA. Now, I know one of my sister's Rules of Life for Ladies is Never Apologize, Never Explain, but she is made of stronger stuff than me. I apologize a lot. Not as much as I used to, but still. I have a graduate degree in apology. I will say sorry for things I'm not even remotely connected with. People find it annoying sometimes, but what's a girl to do? I gotta be me.

Above are a few snapshots of what we've been up to. I'm posting from my phone, so I can't separate them as I normally would. I am now not going to apologize for that. It's been a nice break from routine. Jason and I have had a couple of work/ministry-related fires to put out, (holidays can be stressful for some folks) but overall we've had fun together and relaxed as a family.

Our friends even watched the kids for a day and a night so Jase and I could stay in the city! Overnight! In a hotel! Without a pack-n-play in our room! We walked all over the city. We browsed. We people-watched. We had dinner at a place that didn't EVEN have a kid's menu. As if such places exist! I'm probably imagining the whole thing.

This is what's happening in our world right now. I really can't complain! Ah, but lest you think it's perfect, here are some of my issues: Ava has an ear infection, Grace keeps saying "boobies!" in public, I am now so badly in need of a pedicure that I'm embarrassed to wear open-toe shoes, and there is a funny smell in our playroom-slash-extra-sitting-area. I'm not sure what that's about. I told Jase I think it might be the sofa, and he was like, "You and your smelling imaginary things. You always think it's the sofa! It's NOT the sofa!" And I was like, sorry, gah. (See? Apology!) And he was like, you're weird. And I was like, hmmph.

As the sage Kurt Cobain once said, Oh well, whatever, never mind.

That's all I got! I've missed y'all! Everybody okay out there?

3 comments:

  1. Those "crazy,hazy, lazy " days of summer. Old song. Nevermimd. Looks like everyone's had fun! It's hard to believe Ava is starting third grade and Nate is starting first grade. They are such precious kids. I bet you'll miss having those kids at home. No more sleeping in days for the kids. I'm glad y'all had a good summer break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, was that a short summer break? Like shorter than the ones we have here?

    Love all the pictures, especially the one of you in your hot earth mother maxi dress.

    Boobies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! (apart from the fires to put out! Sounds like we missed a bit while on holidays! Hope it wasn't too stressful)
    P.s we were into school as of last week :)

    ReplyDelete