Thursday, October 20, 2011

Well, that was a trip.

One month, three kids, nine flights, five states, thirty eight time zones (roughly), two sets of grandparents, five trips to Target, one adorable newborn, four large burritoes (that I remember), multiple cousins and uncles and aunts. Oh, and one attitudinal toddler.


As fast as we whisked away on our trip back to the States, we are back in Sydney! What a great trip it was! I really feel that it was our best trip home so far. I mean, it's always wonderful to go home, but there is usually significant stress involved, too. This time, the kids were older and handled all the travel and time changes really well. No one got sick.(!) We had some fantastic time with our families and many of our friends. I hate to get all rosy on you, but it was a great time!

I have a lot to tell y'all about. However. I don't have the time or the mental acuity right now to do it, though. I'm a wee bit tired. I keep running into things. I stood in front of the open refrigerator for like ten minutes this morning cause I couldn't remember what I opened it for. I am checking to make sure there are no more rodent home invasions like LAST TIME. I'M SORRY I JUST GO TO ALL CAPS WHENEVER I EVEN THINK ABOUT LAST TIME, IT'S LIKE I CAN'T EVEN HANDLE IT, EVEN TWO YEARS LATER. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN?

Sorry. Can we meet back here real soon? I promise to offer my "Superlatives" post of our trip. You know, like "Best Time on a Zip Line"...

...or "Sweatiest Person at Major Theme Park", or "Most Likely to Catch, Roast and Eat an Insect". You know--just your normal vacation stuff.

Can we meet back here? Soon? But tell me how YOU are. It's like we don't even know each other anymore.

5 comments:

  1. I bet you're still catching up on your sleep. The kids were wonderful! And so were the adults. A minimum amount of Attitude from all parties. I love the picture of Gracie. She is a doll. Ava and Nate were such sweethearts too. And Jason, as always , was wonderful! He even fixed all our tech problems. It's tough when your tech support lives nine thousand miles away. Your being here meant the world to us. It was one pleasure, laugh, or chuckle after another. I miss you all terribly and look forward to the next time we can make s'mores and ride up the mountain in the jeep. I am also looking forward to your next post where I'm sure you'll mention you and company running up the mountain multiple times. What animals! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better have a good story about going to Ikea, or I am going to be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great trip! good for you guys! love the pics, both of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It had to be your dad with the insect. I think I may have read that on B's blog or her FB or something. I'm kind of disappointed you did not threaten any Ikea employees with body harm, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home!! So glad to have you back, my fave blogger, you. Big hugs. Eventhoughyoudidn'tspendtimeindallasandyoutotallyshouldhavekthanksbye.
    :)

    ReplyDelete