Monday, August 15, 2011

Best Argument I've Heard So Far

Yesterday, I was rushing home with the kids after church. We were having some people over for lunch, and I still needed to go to the grocery store. Why people expect you to actually have food for them when you invite them to lunch is beyond me. But these are the constraints I find myself working within.

The kids were hungry and Grace was shrieking "Chicken! Fries!" as we got into the car, so I ran through the McDonalds drive thru, (don't judge) and then headed towards our house. The plan was to drop them at our house so I could get Grace down for her nap, put a movie on for Nate, then rush back out to the store. (We have friends staying with us right now, so there was adult supervision.)

So we're sitting at a red light and Nate asks me, "Mom, what if Dad had married someone else?" Now, you might remember Nate has brought this up before, that time he asked Jason why he married me, and then asked him, "But who was your second choice?" I'm starting to get a complex.

"Well," I said, looking at him in the rearview mirror, "I'd be really sad, cause then I guess I wouldn't get to be your mom."

Nate shook his head. "But if he married someone else, then you could buy the chicken nuggets while she goes to the grocery store."

I am not even kidding you, that's what he said. And now I can say the most compelling argument I've ever heard for polygamy came from my 5 year old son.

Chicken nuggets for everyone!!

11 comments:

  1. Ha! That's amazing. Yeah, I wouldn't mind having an extra wife around to go to the grocery store and clean the toilets (and my word verification is "suppers," so I guess I should add "and to cook suppers..."). The other parts, I dunno... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that's why I think he's the best. So darn cute!!!

    And on your previous post...farmville...ah. I was SO grateful when fb came up with the option to "hide" people's status'. I don't go on fb everyday and when I do I sure as heck don't want to scroll through all of the cows and horoscopes and hearts and unlock the question....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need sisterwives!! I've watched Big Love and it can work!

    That little dude is thinking there would be more mamas to serve him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love what comes out of Nate's brain and mouth! He is always thinking about the angles . Ya gotta love that boy! I sure do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oscar happens to think that Danny and Benji are really lucky to have two moms. Can't say I disagree.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Nate is precious and such a deep thinker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. when I was working full-time & hubby stayed home with the 3 kids I wanted a wife, someone to run them to school, make meals, clean, iron & a hundred other things he couldn't manage

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please ask Nate if I can use this.

    Except mine would be directed at Harv- "Hey, Harv, what if I had married someone else. Oh, you don't like the thought of that? Then please pick up those socks. I'm sure my other husband would have done it."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am up entirely too late, and I am so glad that I clicked over here and got this laugh. I'm not going to bed, happy and filled with mirth. Thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's I'm "NOW" going to bed, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I asolutely love what comes out of Nate's brain and mouth! He is always thinking about the angles . Ya gotta love that boy! I sure do.
    Best crystal store

    ReplyDelete