Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Down from the Mountain

We are just back from a great week at my Mom and Dad's mountain house in North Carolina. It was a snowy, unplugged week and all the family gathered together. There was some hot-tubbing and some game playing, some nose-wiping and some DVD watching. I also may have eaten more than my share of Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies.

What? You'd be surprised at the things you miss when you can't get them anymore! Here's a few pics of our snowy adventures, courtesy of Becky, who has a way more awesomer camera than me.

Nate and Jason

It's hard to say who had more fun playing in the snow--the kids or the adults! Matt, Jason and Dave put that little sled through some serious runs that I'm not sure it was designed for. But a good time was had by all! Grace didn't really sled though, as the temperatures were a bit low for her. I believe the proper meterological term for the weather we had is "butt-cold". But I'm not sure.

Debbie and Wayne
Our noble parents.

Cousins

The whole fam. It is a minor miracle that we got this shot. Even if Grace shot her hand up and blocked her face. She was being contrary. Typical!


Tomorrow, we jet to California and then on Wednesday night we are Sydney-bound. If you have been confused by all these travels: California, Florida, Georgia, Texas, and North Carolina; don't worry--I am too. It has been a whirlwind, but a fantastic one! Tonight we're at Becky's place in Atlanta and when I went to put Grace to bed, she looked at me like, "Seriously? I'm in another different bed?" We are slightly insane for doing all this with three little kids, but I am so glad we did.

(Will you please tell me that on hour 8 of our upcoming 14 hour flight?) Thanks. Now, I'm off to squeeze in one more game of Xbox karaoke with Becky. Someone is about to rock the socks off of "Bust a Move". I'll give you one guess who that will be!

7 comments:

  1. I know yall had a wonderful holiday. Your mom and I talked the other night and she has really enjoyed having all of you. I hope that you have a safe and uneventful trip back and remember that there are folks in Denver who love you. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I want to testify that we so totally rocked the face off that karaoke game. That is all.

    Except I don't want you to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE oatmeal cream pies.

    Safe travels home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeedy ! It was a wonderful holiday ! The kids were such good little troopers: sweet, fun,loving, and no bloodshed or broken bones ! Can't ask for more.You guys DID totally kill with the singing. Remember, next Christmas will include a sports event at the Florida house- volleyball. So get practicing ! I'll send you a CARE box with Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies. Mwhaa to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool that you got to spend so much time with your family! Good luck on your trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fantastic memories you all made. (Becky does have an awesome camera.)
    Warms me wee 'art to see what fun you all had. :)
    Safe travels!

    "exegeso" as my word verification?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so sweet to be with family. Eating oatmeal cream pies and rockin out to karaoke. Love it.

    And that's a great family photo :).

    ReplyDelete